Sunday, January 15, 2012

You See Me

El-Roi... the God Who Sees Me

Sometimes I feel like Hagar, wondering in a desert. Broken. Alone. Afraid.

We don't talk about her a lot in church... we don't mention her name very often or the name she gives God. Her background maybe? The fact that, in our minds, she isn't a very important part of the story.

But to Him, she had value.

This woman who was used and then unwanted was found by the Lord, wandering through the desert and about to die when He brings her water. And when she doubts His presence, when she doubts His grace, His mercy, His love... He is there.

Water in the desert.

In the past week, He has sent me water, life.

... In the encouraging email of a friend in India.
... In the words of wisdom from Sean.
... In a picture from Alice.
... In a Skype date with my sister just when I needed her the most.

He send water, reminding me that I am not alone, that He who calls is faithful, that He is true, and He did not bring me this far to abandon me know.

I can trust Him. I will trust Him. I will declare His goodness and sing His praises until my heart can finally believe with everything I have.

Gratitude... that place when you recognize the gift and grace of God in this present moment; the joy and fellowship of being intimately connected with a God who knows, loves, and gives us a taste and a hunger for more.

More of You, Jesus, please. More grace. More words. More hope. More truth. More life. More water.

He sees me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment