Tuesday, January 24, 2012

The Delightfully Sweet

     She didn't like me last summer. Really, she only liked one or two people, so I wasn't too offended. But I wondered if I was there, deep in the back of her mind.

      The first day she arrived, the summer of 2010, I walked up and down the hallway with her for three hours, trying to get her to quiet and fall asleep. She threw up blood and other things, her little body filled with tb... a disease I really, really hate. I went to sleep every night wondering if she would be alive the next morning, and by the grace of God, she was.

     She is so big now, with dark curls and those same big eyes. But now, she smiles at me.

     Her little personality has come to life. I sat on her bed today, tickling her and kissing her cheeks, listening to her delightful little giggle... the sweet I have been praying to hear.

     "Who's my girl?" I would ask her.

      "Me!" She replied.

      And we cuddle more, my little girl kissing my cheeks now.

      God really is good. Even when the day is filled with chaos, and I am pretty sure my head is about to explode, He gives me these moments... reminders that He is here. He performs the miracles.

       This is how He romances my heart, filling my life with these beautiful moments of joy, moments I have waiting for.

        And He is sweet... and so are her little kisses. 

No comments:

Post a Comment