Thursday, January 5, 2012

Running Forward

I think I am ready for this....

I mean, I've waiting for this, praying for this most of my life. My bags are packed (praying they meet the weight limit). I have said good byes. But I know the hardest good byes will come tomorrow.

I'm not very good at good byes.

I say I will be gone for two years. Really, I have no idea because I don't know what God will be asking of me. I know that I will be in Cambodia for a week. I know I will be at Gentle Hands in Manila, Philippines after that. I know that my master's in social work program is a two year program. Beyond that, I have no idea. And if I dwell on the unknown for too long, I will panic.

Elisabeth Elliot once said that when she was courting her husband, Jim Elliot, she wrote letters, but she was always careful never to write about feelings or emotions. Rather, she wrote about what she knew.

I know that God is faithful. I know that He who calls is faithful to lead.

I know that He never lets go.

I know that He is strong.

I know that He is loving.

I know that the same God who spoke my world into being, who breathed and scattered stars into the sky is the God I serve.

I know that I can trust Him with my heart.

Everything inside of me desperately wants to give in to fear. Fear of the unknown, fear of airplanes, fear of flying, fear of being homesick.

But I can't.

Because I believe in a God who died to give me victory over fear. I believe in a God who is freedom. His Spirit dwells in me, surrounds me, and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom.

So here I am, stepping into the unknown, following an incredibly big God, running after His heart.

Here it goes...

No comments:

Post a Comment