Monday, September 5, 2011

Feeble Words to Express His Goodness

     I am unsure how to write this. How do I convey in words everything she means to me.... this little person who snuggled into my heart and never let go?

     My first day in Malabon while doing outreach with Gentle Hands, I met this tiny seven year old girl. She sat on my lap, told me her name, and then walked away. I thought I would never see her again.

     A few minutes later as we were walking to the basketball court where our cars were located, Ate turned around and said, "We're taking this one". I don't know why, but for some reason, I reached down and picked her up, carrying her tiny body the rest of the way to the car.

      She was so sick with tuverculosis and other problems. Her mother didn't want her anymore, so she came to live with us. And from that moment, she has been my heart. In the past two years, I have watched her heal not only physically but also emotionally. Her once dull hair is now long and shiny. She is always playing jokes, always laughing, and so very ticklish. Her once lifeless eyes sparkle with joy and mischief.

      This little girl, the bravest little girl I know, changed my life forever. I think God knew we were both hurting when He brought us together. As I held her in my arms and learned to love her, my own heart healed. It's funny because I prayed so much for her healing, all the while God was using her to heal me.

      I learned how to love someone completely and with everything I have. I learned how to serve with no thought to my own comfort or happiness. I learned how to trust. And this sweet little girl became my little sister.

       Today, she met her new Mommy and her forever family for the first time. As I sat in church yesterday, reflecting on this, tears filled my eyes. He is so good. Dear friends do you know? Have you tasted and seen? This beautiful little girl now has a family. She has been restored to life and has an incredible future ahead of her. She deserves everything beautiful in this world. And God, in His love and faithfulness has led her to a family where she will fit perfectly.

      There will be challenges, and her journey is far from over. I will not stop praying because she has a mom now. Rather, it's only the beginning.

       But my sweet baby girl has a home. She is safe where she belongs, in a beautiful life story that could only be perfectly orchestrated by the Creator of the Universe.

       And my dear little sister, because you are in my life, my story is so much sweeter. You're my heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment